Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, every mother-to-be has worried about her own health and the health of her baby. Navigating pregnancy on top of all of the other challenges we’ve faced this year is not easy. If one of your loved ones is pregnant, she might already know that seeking support from qualified professionals like Dianne Cassidy is a smart decision. But you can also lend her a helping hand during this tough time by following these tips.
Is your loved one upset about canceling celebrations because of the pandemic? Take the party online instead!
- Plan a virtual baby shower for your loved one and invite her friends and family to dote on her over video chat.
- Does your loved one want to reveal her baby’s gender? Come up with fun games for a digital gender reveal party.
- Your loved one can’t postpone maternity photos for too long, so help her plan a totally safe DIY shoot before the baby is born.
Making a Birth Plan
Should your loved one go to the hospital? Should she give birth at home? Do some research together to assist her as she creates a safe birth plan.
- Make sure your loved one is aware of the guidelines for going to the doctor’s during the pandemic.
- Your loved one might be wondering if she’s a good candidate for a home birth — you can have a conversation with her about the benefits and risks.
- Navigating post-partum life can be challenging, so work with your loved one to get in touch with qualified lactation consultants in advance.
Picking the Ideal Gifts
Your loved one is likely under a lot of stress, but you can brighten her mood with a thoughtful gift.
- Whip up nutritious freezer-friendly meals for your loved one and drop them off at her home before her due date.
- Gift your friend a soft, loose labor and delivery gown that will help her feel safe and cozy when the big day rolls around!
- If your loved one will be giving birth at the hospital, find out if you can have a postpartum gift basket delivered to her room.
- Save on gifts by checking out promos and online discounts from popular retailers like Kohl’s.
Going the extra mile to show your pregnant loved one support in the midst of this difficult time will always be appreciated. Pregnancy is not a walk in the park, but when your loved one knows she has you to lean on, it will take a weight off of her shoulders.
Photo via Unsplash